Questionnaire: Are You a Smart Solo Traveller?
Female travellers have their own considerations when they travel, but females who travel alone have the most considerations of all. It's not right that women need to be hyper aware of their safety and security when they travel alone, but it is usually reality. Unfortunately, women who travel alone are not always aware of the many ways in which they need to look after their safety.
To help you find out how well you know to keep yourself safe and secure when travelling alone we have put together the questionnaire below. Answer "yes" or "no" to each question and then total your answers to determine if you are a smart solo traveller.
- When you travel alone do you leave a copy of your itinerary with someone?
- Do you limit the amount of personal information available on your luggage tags when you travel alone?
- When you check in to accommodation alone do you request that staff not announce your room number aloud?
- When you travel alone do you attempt to book arrival times during the day if at all possible?
- Do you keep copies of your passport and financial documents in a secure place when you travel alone?
- Are you conscious of hiring registered guides and transportation when you travel alone?
- Have you ever taken a self-defence class in order to be prepared for travelling alone?
- Are you comfortable observing local customs relating to women's dress and behaviour when travelling alone?
- Are you comfortable detouring into shops or other public venues if you feel unsafe while travelling alone?
- When you meet new friends while travelling alone do you leave them an email address rather than more detailed contact information?
- Are you comfortable asking for a translator or female staff member should need help with travelling alone?
- Do you ensure that your travel insurance is up to date and adequate before travelling alone?